April was a steller month for the Piedmont Heights Business Alliance. Thank you for your support!
An amazing BEAUTIFY PIHI for Cheshire Bridge from Lindbergh to the bridge on April 30th.
We also launched our SUPPORT LOCAL: KEEP CHESHIRE BRIDGE IN BUSINESS BANNER CAMPAIGN!
- Four banners are installed! New LARGER banners being installed with the existing ones being relocated within the district for a total of 6!!!
- Two more banners to be designed and installed in May!!
- CHESHIRE BRIDGE BUSINESSES JOIN NOW!! Use CheshireBridgeLove2021 for 50% off your first annual membership and be added to the next banners!!
PiHi Alliance is now 57 MEMBERS STRONG!
Welcome NEW April members: The Carlyle, Selig Enterprises on Cheshire Bridge, Southern Nights, and Virtue and Vice body piercing
It was a small but mighty turn out for our 4/30 Beautify PiHi Clean Up. Our dedicated volunteer board members (pictured above) Bob Glascock- President (Coldwell Bankers), Sachi Takahara- Secretary (Nakato Japanese Restaurant) and Jan Epstein- Cheshire Bridge Board member (Warren Epstein and Associates) with community development consultant, Jennifer Ohme of idealDESIGN,inc. spent two hours picking up trash and talking with business owners.
- Cleaned up 10 BAGS OF TRASH from ONE MILE of Cheshire Bridge.
- Talked to 15 Business Owners! Great meeting our community members!
- Identified over 15 ATL311 issues on Cheshire Bridge to be reported and tracked in our monthly ATL311 Task Force meeting on the 1st Wed. @ 3pm on Zoom.
- Noticed the stop work order and code enforcement notices posted on neglected buildings on Cheshire Bridge (old ACE, Happy Herman's, European Cleaners and Diner)
- Alleyway and building behind ACE/Happy Herman's cleaned up! Yay!!
- CHECK OUT MORE PHOTOS HERE! We hope you will consider volunteering or sponsoring our next Beautify PiHi in the Fall.
SAVE THE DATE! WEDNESDAY MAY 25TH
Piedmont Heights Business Alliance Quarterly Meeting
Nakato Japanese Restaurant: 1776 Cheshire Bridge Rd
9:30AM: Networking with Coffee & Donuts
10:00AM: One hour business meeting
SEND US QUESTIONS, COMMENTS AND TOPICS HERE in advance of the meeting.
The Deadline is Monday May 23rd to submit. Thanks!
Northeast Study Group - Subarea 6 Master Plan Update Design Workshops
STAFFED WORKSHOPS: ASK QUESTIONS GET ANSWERS!
- Thursday, May 19, 2022 from 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Saturday, May 21, 2022 from 8:00am - 10:30am
- Tuesday, May 24, 2022 from 8:00am - 10:00am
Workshops will take place at:
Ansley Mall Suite 307
1544 Piedmont Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30324
Join Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. (ABI) as we update the 2011 Subarea 6 Master Plan which is a plan to help guide growth for vibrant, livable mixed-use communities by applying best management practices for transit-oriented development, mobility, affordable housing, greenspace and alternative modes of transportation.
In these workshops, we will be collecting input on the Subarea 6 Master Plan goals as well as recommendations for future land use/housing, urban design, mobility, greenspace, and other elements. Design stations will be interactive and staffed to help guide you through the exercises. Stations have been organized to promote social distancing; however, masks are strongly encouraged. All three workshops will cover the same material. In addition to the staffed workshops, the space is available daily for self guided participation from May 16th to May 26th from 8:00am to 7:00pm.
Take a few minutes and explore our project website which includes interactive activities and a survey: beltline.org/subarea6update.
SEE WHAT YOU MISSED
VISIT OUR DEDICATED ATLANTA BELTLINE PAGE TO SEE PAST PRESENTATIONS & FACEBOOK LIVES
Watch the Livable Buckhead and PiHi Alliance Atlanta BeltLine Northeast Trail Update HERE
Sub Area 6 Master Plan April 2022 Presentation https://beltlineorg-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/FINAL_2022-03-22_Public-Meeting1_Subarea-6-Master-Plan-Update_Web-2.pdf
Sub Area 6 Master Plan April 2022 Facebook Video https://www.facebook.com/atlantabeltline/videos/265444228993553/
What’s in Atlanta’s new budget and how do you fit in?
The city council usually adopts the finalized budget in a late June meeting, but the official deadline is June 30. The budget must be adopted before the fiscal year starts July 1.
The public doesn’t have much direct say during this vetting process, but there are opportunities to give feedback in public meetings. The year’s public budget hearing is on June 7th from 6:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. It is for both the budget and proposed increases in property tax millage rates.
If you want to take part in the budget proceedings, this meeting is a chance to make your feelings known–but you can also give direct feedback before June 7. Go ahead and contact your city council members to tell them what changes you want to see in your community.
FULL ARTICLE BY ATLANTA CIVIC CIRCLE
5.5.22 | Cheshire Bridge Construction Update Estimated Completion Oct 2022
The City of Atlanta Department of Transportation (ATLDOT) has contracted with C. W. Matthews for the design and rebuild of the Cheshire Bridge over South Fork Peachtree Creek. This comes after accepting, reviewing, and evaluating all bids submitted in January 2022.
Location: Cheshire Bridge Road NE from Woodland Avenue NE to Faulkner Road NE
Schedule: Project construction is underway and is projected for substantial completion by October 31, 2022.
- Currently, crews are performing surveying and drilling as part of the preliminary planning
- Next steps include utility work, roadway plans, and final plan review.
- ATLDOT communications will alert the public as we approach construction milestones.
- Project construction is underway and is projected for substantial completion by October 31, 2022.
- Details about this project are available on the ATLDOT website at: https://atldot.atlantaga.gov/cheshire-bridge-updates.
- Stay engaged with ATLDOT on our Twitter feed @ATLDOT, ATLDOT Facebook page, Instagram channel @ATL.DOT, and Nextdoor
Monroe-Armour Roundabout Work Progresses Toward Completion, Rescheduled for this SummerAtlanta - Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) contractors have provided an updated schedule for completion of the Monroe-Armour Roundabout at the intersection of Monroe Drive NE and Armour Drive NE in the City of Atlanta, Fulton County. The revised schedule predicts an early July 2022 completion. Delays related to the relocation of several utilities in the project area (including Atlanta Gas Light, AT&T and Zayo) have been resolved. Continued construction of sidewalks and the roundabout center island is dependent on securing the required concrete quantities, given the nationwide shortage.
Check out our blog for complete info and project manager contact info. Please report extended delays in traffic.
DON'T DELAY- THERE IS STILL GRANT MONEY!!
Great news! The application deadline for the relaunched Resurgence Grant Fund has been extended to Friday, May 27 at 5 p.m.
City of Atlanta small businesses, including startups with a business license and nonprofits with a business license or Letter of Good Standing, can apply for up to $40,000 to reimburse the costs of business interruptions due to COVID-19. The grant funds can be used to cover eligible pandemic-related business changes and costs, including commercial rent and payroll.
Helpful Resources for Applicants
Representatives are available by email and phone (404-419-7350) to answer any questions.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING PIHI ALLIANCE!!